PART 1– Can conformity become an issue of obedience? Why or why not?
PART 2- To what extent does situationism play a part in social psychology and multicultural psychology? Provide an example.
PART3- Review this week’s course materials and learning activities, and reflect on your learning so far this week. Respond to one or more of the following prompts in one to two paragraphs:
- Provide citation and reference to the material(s) you discuss. Describe what you found interesting regarding this topic, and why.
- Describe how you will apply that learning in your daily life, including your work life.
- Describe what may be unclear to you, and what you would like to learn.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper discussing social and multicultural psychology.
Address the following in your paper:
- Define social psychology.
- Describe the primary research strategies used in social psychology and give an example of each.
- Define multicultural psychology.
- Explain how social and multicultural psychology are related and what separates them into two distinct fields.
Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assignment.
Human beings are fundamentally social. In this discussion, we will consider connection—from attraction to dissolution, and liking to love—by providing advice regarding various relationship concerns.
To inform your thinking on this topic, begin by reading “Transmission of Aggressions through Imitation of Aggressive Models” (Bandura, Ross, & Ross, 1961), “”From Jerusalem to Jericho”: A Study of Situational and Dispositional Variables in Helping Behavior” (Darley & Batson, 1973), “Bystander Intervention in Emergencies: Diffusion of Responsibility” (Darley & Latane, 1968), “The General Aggression Model: Theoretical Extensions to Violence, (DeWall, Anderson, & Bushman, 2011), “Group Inhibition of Bystander Intervention in Emergencies” (Latane & Darley, 1968), and “Understanding the Psychology of Bullying: Moving Toward a Social-Ecological Diathesis-Stress Model” (Swearer & Hymel, 2015).
Then, imagine that you are an educator. Describe a hypothetical incident of observed antisocial behavior (bullying, relational aggression (i.e., “mean girls”), etc.). Interpret relevant social psychological theory and research to explain the case study you outlined, and assemble key insight from research on prosocial behavior to generate a plan for addressing this specific situation.
Your initial post should be 500-1000 words in length and must contain at minimum required course resources as applicable. Additional credible references are encouraged.