Diabetes is a serious disease. We know there are different kinds of diabetes but regardless, diet plays a substantial role in managing diabetes. Use your text book (pages 107-110 for example) it outlines nutrition and diabetes nicely. Answer the following (in order, separate brief paragraphs, your own words, no quotes or cut/paste):
1. Explain the primary differences between DM1 (type 1) and DM2 (type 2). List at least 3.
2. Explain the basic treatment options for DM1 and DM2.
3. How does glucose get out of the blood stream and into the cells? Explain.
4. What is insulin? What organ produces insulin?
5. How does diet/lifestyle effect DM1 and DM2?
6. Name 4 things (health related diseases) that can be effected by poorly controlled diabetes.
Use your own words. I expect a meaningful paragraph response to each question asked. Post your answers in order as listed above and numbered. Do not cut and paste anything (ever).
Discussion Nutrition 101 Directions:
Through threaded discussions you will exchange ideas with other class participants. You will be required to complete a minimum of 2 meaningful posts per discussion question during this course [your response and responses to one other classmate postings].
- Initial posts must be a minimum of 300 words in length and include two (2) valid references [textbook, nutrition journal article, or nutrition professional website] in APA format. For this diabetes discussion, just using your book is suffice.
- Nutrition journal articles must be: (1) Less than 5 years old and (2) A minimum of two  pages in length.
The post diabete first appeared on Nursing Term Paper Help.