For this assignment, we focus on liquidity risk as discussed in Chapter 12 and in our unit lesson. It is necessary for you to
understand the implications of liquidity risk. In order to do so, please complete the following steps for this unit’s assignment.
1. Choose a bank that struggled during the financial crisis of 2008. Suggestions include Bank of America, Citicorp, and
2. Click here to go to the Federal Reserve website, which is an excellent source for information on the monetary policy.
3. Obtain and submit (as a part of your assignment) their financial statements from 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2016.
4. Evaluate the liquidity (risk) over these 4 years. What happened to the bank’s liquidity before and after the financial
crisis? Explain the causes of liquidity risk.
5. Review the monetary policy, as we have discussed in this unit. How did the monetary policy affect the bank’s liquidity
after the financial crisis?
6. Create a visual representation (e.g., graphic, table, chart) of the liquidity risk of the bank you selected.
Your assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. You must use a
minimum of three sources. All references should be cited and formatted in APA style.