To log into the FASB Codification,
· Go to http://www2.aaahq.org/ascLogin.cfm
· Your username is AAA51053
· Your password is hZ3W3xP
For this assignment, please identify the relevant accounting literature where you found your answer. (FASB Topic, Subtopic, Section, and Paragraph, if necessary). In some cases, it might not be necessary to cite all four of these. For example, if someone were to ask where in the FASB Codification to find guidance on inventory, you would direct them to FASB ASC (this stands for FASB Accounting Standards Codification) 330. Here is an excellent website that you should use to guide you in referencing the FASB Codification: https://answers.businesslibrary.uflib.ufl.edu/faq/24694\\\\\\\\\\\
HINT: If you use the search feature of the codification, you might need to use to the term capitalization of interest rather than capitalized interest for some searches. The Codification often uses the term capitalization of interest.
1. (5 points) Identify the accounting literature (FASB Codification Topic and Subtopic) that addresses capitalized interest.
2. (10 points) What is (are) the objective(s) of the capitalization of interest, according to the FASB? You may cut and paste this answer from the codification. Please be sure to include the appropriate FASB Codification citations (e.g. FASB ASC topic subtopic section paragraph).
3. (10 points) For what types of assets is interest capitalized? You may cut and paste this answer from the codification. Please be sure to include the appropriate FASB Codification citations (e.g. FASB ASC topic subtopic section paragraph).
4. (10 points) One of your clients began capitalizing interest on a building the company was constructing for its new headquarters in January 202x. At that time,
· Activities necessary to get the asset ready for its intended use were in progress (construction had started) and
· Interest cost was being incurred.
· However, no expenditures were made on the project until April 1, 202x due to an unusual arrangement with the contractor.
Did your client make the correct accounting decision in beginning to capitalize interest in January 202x?
Please provide the FASB Codification citation (topic subtopic section paragraph) that supports your answer.
The post Finance 19901541 appeared first on My Perfect Tutors.