Introduction In this module, we’ve discussed the physiognomy & morphology of the human cranium and face; we have also defined restorative art and classified restorative art methods. This essay will focus on the understanding the relationship between restorative art and embalming as well as the importance of knowing when restorative art measures should be applied when compared to embalming.
This assignment fulfills/supports
- General Education Competency 1-5: You will have
The Assignment Consider the following scenario in light of the information learned in this module:
Donald lost his life as a result of a motorcycle accident; while traveling at a high rate of speed, he lost control of his bike and was ejected into the roadway where a truck ran him over, causing multiple fractures to the cranium.
1) Given the conditions that the deceased has been exposed to, describe the importance of examining the remains for yourself.
2) Would the restoration of the fractures of the cranium be classified as a minor procedure or a major procedure? Why?
3) Establish a timeline. When will the restorative art measures take place? Before, during or after embalming? Why?
4) What role, if any, does proper embalming play in the success or failure of the attempted restorative art methods?
Resources You may use your textbook, the recorded lecture, or any scholarly resource at your disposal. A scholarly source is a source that has been peer reviewed. A good resource for this is Google Scholar.
Acceptable Length:The essay should be accurate and to the point. (Answer the questions!) An accurate answer is not ONE SENTENCE. Please, NO FLUFF answers!!
- Put your name, course and section number, and assignment title at the top of the document.
- Use one-inch margins.
- Use a 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Use double line spacing in the document.
- Use APA Citation Style
Grading Criteria 25% for each question given.We should present ourselves as professionals in all sense of the word. Please spell check your work. Points will be deducted for poor grammar.