Select the correct description of right-hand and left-hand behavior of the graph of the polynomial function.January 18, 2018
An annotation is a secondary authority that provides commenatary on a range of legal topics and is published on a periodic basis?January 18, 2018
Qualitative Research Critique
Some of the most significant current information on patient care in nursing comes from scholarly, peer-reviewed journals, and articles. Within this category of information sources, we can further divide studies into qualitative and quantitative sources, each with their own set of methods and standards. Within each of these categories, nurses must be able to differentiate between sources of published data that are used to develop evidence-based practice.
For this assignment, you will:
- Choose a topic, issue, or a phenomenon that informs nursing practice and has been researched qualitatively.
- Select one nursing qualitative research article, published in a peer-reviewed journal, on your chosen topic and follow the steps below:
- Summarize the research study to including the following:
- Study design.
- Data collection methods.
- Data analysis methods.
- Critique the study in a narrative format addressing each of the following questions:
- Is the problem significant to nursing and health care?
- How will it generate or refine knowledge in nursing practice?
- Was the review of background literature provided?
- What topics or concepts were discussed in the review of literature?
- Were ethical standards for research followed and how?
- What do the findings of the study add to the current body of knowledge?
- Explain how the study will inform your practice or the practice of professional nursing.
- Prepare the critique.
- Follow APA style guidelines.
- 4-6 pages
- Use 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Include a title and reference page.
- Use the following subheadings:
- State your conclusions about how the study did or did not advance nursing knowledge in terms of building an evidence-based practice (EBP). Keep in mind that it takes more than one study to provide a knowledge base for EBP, but this exercise will give you an idea of how the process works.
- Cite all references using APA style and formatting guidelines.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"